Monday, August 16, 2010

of kurmas and mosquitos.


It’s Ramadhan and all Muslims are fasting and going ballistic with ibadah. (Well, most Muslims).

I love Ramadhan. There is something about its serenity that so inexplicable yet it makes sense. I think you know what I mean.


I hope it’s not too late for me to wish you Happy Ramadhan and Selamat Berpuasa. :)


As for me, my fasting month had its own twist of a kick start. Two days prior to the first day of puasa, I was down with a fever. On the very first day of puasa, I was told that I was infected with dengue. I was too weak to care anyways but there goes my second, third and so on days of puasa.


Ayah was told about it and suffice to say that he was worried. His pesan was to take care and eat my meds...the usual...

Ayah also pesan to banyakkan ibadah after I get better.


I realise that there must be a reason as to why Allah decides that I should get this kind of test on the very holy month. Everything has its own hikmah and I say alhamdullillah.

It seems that I have been tested with quite a number of mishaps these past few months. I had a wonderful first-half of the year. Enter second-half, well....ish astaghfirullah...tak baik...hihi.

Jâbir b. `Abd Allah al-Ansârî relates that he heard Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) said three days before his death: "None of you should ever die except while assuming the best about Allah." [Sahîh Muslim]


Should we find ourselves in difficulty, instead of lamenting and wallowing in self pity, why don’t we seek help from Him?

Now, amongst other, He works in three ways:

1. Makbul

2. Ganti

3. Tanggung.

If Allah makbul, then good for you...alhamdullillah.

If not, then Allah will replace it with something better, Inshaallah.

Or, He will tanggung it and repays time akhirat nanti.

Allah Maha Adil.

Never ever question His way.

But we all should remind ourselves that we are all His servant. We work for Him. Not the other way.


And never ever underestimate the power of Doa. Like Seriouslyy..


Solat. Jaga your solat. If you jaga your solat, everything nanti best. Serious. Hehe. It’s the best thing one can do for himself. Sebab, amongst other ways, it is the best way for us to remind ourselves of Him. For He never once forget His servant.


The Prophet (peace be upon him) related to us that Allah says: "I am as My servant thinks of Me. I am with him when he remembers Me. If he mentions Me within himself, I mention him within Myself. If he mentions Me in an assembly, I mention him in a better assembly. If he comes near to Me a handspan, I come near to him the distance of a cubit. If he comes near to Me the distance of a cubit, I come near to him the distance of two outspread arms. If he comes to Me walking, I come to him running." [Sahîh al-Bukhârî and Sahîh Muslim]


Now I’m no pious person myself. I don’t mean to preach. This serves as a reminder for me.

Life is short, you know, in living life to the fullest sometimes we forget. :)


So in the spirit of Ramadhan, saya panjangkan nasihat-nasihat ini * so we can all benefit from it. It’s the least I can do considering the amount of gibberish matter I have been blogging about here.


Tomorrow; another blood test. If everything goes okay I’m back to school. WORK! eeek! (There you go, there’s the underlying hikmah right there. Haha!)


Till then, Selamat Bepuasa and beribadah!


Assalamualaikum.



*Not my advices. I’m not qualified to give these kinds of advices. I’m just sharing.



2 person(s) has been nadia-ed! jyeah!: