Wednesday, July 21, 2010

decode this.



“A writer is someone who can make a riddle out of an answer.” – Karl Krauss



I am a lawyer (to be).
And in a world built with black and whites, the fundamental piece of every little thing is (surprise, surprise), black and white.
Or should I say black OR white.
There’s no gray area. Ideally.
However, in fact, we all know real life is full of gray areas.

That’s where it gets interesting. And that’s where most people would want to be – the gray area.
Because, you see, the gray area is not gray at all. It contains a full spectrum of any and every colour imaginable by the mind. So much colour that no normal brain can possibly comprehend, thus it becomes gray.
Ironic. Sad.
It is this very fact that terrifies human being and keeps them away from entering or even coming near the gray area.


*take a breath here*


Allow me to repeat myself.
I am a lawyer (in the making).
In my world, it is all about the facts. The facts that constitute the ‘black and white’.
Without facts, a lawyer cannot function.
It is subsequent to the identification of the facts that the law can come into the picture.
Now, facts, you cannot alter. It is what it is.
You can’t twist the fact.
You can’t twist the fact.
You can’t change the fact.
To put it in science terms, the fact is the catalyst. How you view the fact, how you approach the fact is the variable.

And that’s how lawyers function. They take different views of the fact and try their best to convince the court that their view is the “right” view. “Right” here, is subjective.
Some people call it lying. But actually, it is an art of persuasion.
The downside of this method is that in the midst of it all, you risk losing your senses and eventually succumb to your outlook on the fact. Even though you know, right from the start, that your perspective on the matter might not be “right”. (To say “wrong” would be unethical).
In simpler words, you believe your own lie.


*breathe again*


“What...”, you ask, “are you talking about?”.

“Me.”

To say “Here are the facts, (if you care to know)” would be pointless.
You know the fact. It’s perceivable by the naked eyes.
That’s the black and white. It is up to you whether to view it in black or in white. What is left now is the gray - the little area where the ‘black and white’ meets.
Bear in mind of what has been said earlier; the gray area is actually coloured.

I know you would like to know about the gray, even though you actually, do not care.
Now, I can’t help you with the gray. I, myself don’t know the gray. I don’t even know whether I want to know the gray.
But I have heard of some of the colours of the gray. It may be the truth, but it can be all lies.
All truths now are lies.
I say, enough. I am tired.
Someday, the gray will show its colours.
I will know of the gray.

I am the black and white.
I am the fact.
And I am also part of the gray.

But all that does not define me.
You know me. You know me pretty well. You know that I ooze colours.
I am multicoloured. In HD.

Take it and be merry.
Or leave it and weep.



1 person(s) has been nadia-ed! jyeah!:

GoDdEsS M said...

okay i did not understand a single sentence of your monologue so faster pick up the phone and call me!!