Wednesday, August 5, 2009

pigs now, do fly.


An alarming number of the Swine Flu cases has been reported in our beloved *
pun intended* country, Malaysia.
Sadly, there are casualties.

As of 0800 today, 5th Aug 2009, the total number of the Swine Flu cases are 1,476 with death toll of 11.
61% of these cases are local infections as opposed to the tiny 39% of import cases.

"11?
11?
Pity those 11 people.

...and their family.
This is scary.
oh well...
"

the usual thought of ordinary everyday people. Trust me. I know a large number of them.

While the pandemic is getting worse, people still want to go to the Mall, to the Cinema, to wherever it is that they feel the need to.
People still need to go to concerts and social gatherings and demonstrative gatherings and so on.
Now, I am not implying that life should not go on in this not-so-difficult *pun intended, again* time.
But does the word "minimize" have any significant meaning at all?

Perhaps, these words might.
YOU ARE GOING TO BE THE NEXT VICTIM OF THE SWINE FLU.
if, you choose to do all those things. Unnecessarily.

Yes, I use the word Swine. To hell with the scientific H1N1. As if changing the name could help.

Meanwhile, yours truly have been sick since Sunday.
The fever starts spiking on Sunday night and hasn't come down since. Except once in a while when the medication starts kicking in.
This ever-so-welcomed fever comes in a package:
Cough.
Flu.
Giddiness.
Body-ache.
All included.

And the bonus; I'm having difficulties breathing. Well, not that difficult. Just that I'm panting constantly.

So, my worried mother took me to the Clinic; which advises me that if in a few days the fever doesn't come down, to go to the hospital. Which my mother did after the scare she got when she heard her colleague's child was suspected with the Flu.

So today, i, we, went to the hospital. The H1N1 Triage to be exact. Spent more than a couple of hours there and was sent back with lots of medication, 3 days MC (that means for the rest of the week and since i got an MC for Monday and didn't go to work on Tuesday, I got the whole week off the office!) and a warning.
Come back immediately if your breathing difficulties get worse or after your meds are finished and you still aren't better.

Why?

Because you are under a high risk of H1N1 due to your low immunity and are being put under observation.

Wow! Talk about scare.

But I can't help but wonder, being in the district that I'm in, with a slightly low percentage of people who doesn't eat Oink vs. those who does consume it, there isn't a single person of the latter cluster at the triage today.

Oh, my bad. There was one. But she sat so far away. With a disgusting look towards all the people as if we were the one who caused the disease.
Oh well, you are not going to heaven after all.
*please god, forgive me for assuming what's supposed to be your decision*


Anyway, I do appreciate it if you could extend your prayers for me and for all of those people infected and under high risk of infection of the Flu.

Thank you.


Oink. Oink.


*any chance of me being Penelope? I can get James McAvoy. Although not my type of guy, but when you are an oink, you'll settle.*

6 person(s) has been nadia-ed! jyeah!:

Azhani.Azizan said...

hahahaha mommah i love ur post!!!
waaah,didnt knw ure down with flu! ishk,sebbaik u gi chck cepat2..have a good rest ok?

oh, im sorry for going to world stage :( i swear im gonna wear mask kat sana..its just that,ive never been to a concert as cheap as this -_-""

i miss u n hope to see u soon with my wayfarer :D

MeL said...

get well sooonnn!
and mooo...have fun. and be safeee!!

aidanlaniaz said...

moo moo dotter!!

dont be sorry. like i said. life goes on. i pon pegi public gak before this. thats why i kene kot. haha! but do take precautions tau. masks and all!
darth vader pun darth vader la.

eh, u dpt ticks tu? congratz! good for u!
enjoy tau.

and kem slm to all the AAR guys. *wink*

mellyholilo,
thanks..pray! ;)

Azhani.Azizan said...

when can i see u guys again? :(

saya nk mengomel psl bosses sy yg maha jahat!! women lawyers i tell u..mulut lg jht n sama putar belit
cam lawyers kap lam ya nga! adoiyaii

mommah jgn lupe mkn ubat sntiasa! ill call u nnt ok!

mel,tahniah,anda da masuk wkend hahaha

im still waiting for my 1st paycheck babes!lama btol!

saRafaDzil + . + said...

heyy nadiaa. getwell soon. btw, sbbkan oinkk fluu tu + my sempott, i yg dikalangan high risk ne terlantar kebusanan di hospital ne.

;(

aidanlaniaz said...

hi sara!
poor you...sabar yer..get well soon!
:)